This is a “budgie baby page” — we put one of these together for each season’s budgie parakeet chicks so our adopters can ooh and aah over all the cuteness while they wait to bring their feathered friend(s) home. If you’d like to be added to our waiting list for a chick of your own, please visit our breeding info page for details!
The chicks on this page were born in the spring of 2010 and have been adopted already so after you are done drooling, click here to see the parakeets who are currently available!
More Budgie Parakeet Pages:
Hand-fed Budgies and Parakeets available in Colorado!: Our family raises, hand-feeds, trains and adores Budgie Parakeets. Learn more about our selective breeding program and view our gorgeous, tame birds.
Inside Our Aviary: See where our birds live — flight enclosures, breeding room, play gyms.
Our Flock of Adult Budgie Parakeets: Take a peek at our gorgeous feathered friends. Lots of photos!
Adorable Pictures of Our Hand-fed Babies: Come ooh and aahh over all the cuteness and watch them grow up!
Pre-Adoption Questionnaire: If you are interested in adopting one (or more) of our parakeets when they become available, please respond to these questions.
Budgie Baby Waiting List: I know how hard it is to wait when you’re excited but I promise you, the wait is worth it!
FAQ (frequently asked questions): What is a Budgie Parakeet’s personality like? What are the differences between American Parakeets and English Budgies? How do you tell a male from a female? Should you keep one, two or more? How long do they live? Where did the species originate?
How To Care For Your Pet Budgie Parakeet: Learn about housing, cages, homemade aviaries, cleaning tips, health, safety, nutrition, exercise, playtime activities, toys, and more.
Bird Nutrition and Food Recommendations: Malnourishment is a leading cause of premature death in pet birds. We provide lists of healthy foods, and tell you how to grow your own sprouts.
Training, Talking, Tricks: Entertaining video demonstrations and informative tips.
Colors, Varieties, Mutations, Genetics: Budgie Parakeets come in a rainbow of colors. This page has beautiful photos and variety descriptions.
Bird and Parrot Playgyms, Stands and Perches for Sale: Learn how to make your own — or order a custom one from us.
Homemade Aviaries and Flight Cages: How to converted used furniture into large flight cages and beautiful indoor aviaries.
Hand-Fed Baby Budgies and Parakeets — Our Adoption Procedure:
- Respond to our pre-adoption questionnaire.
- Email your responses to: Jen @ puppies are prozac . com (remove all spaces in the address first).
- Upon approval of your questionnaire responses, I will add your name to the waiting list.
- As soon as we have 3 week old chicks in the brooder for hand-feeding, I will email you (in the order of your waiting list date) and request a $15 (each chick) non-refundable deposit to reserve your hand-fed baby.
- While you’re waiting for your parakeet(s) to be hand-fed then weaned onto solid foods, please read our parakeet care information page, prepare a cage with the specifications outlined on that page, and purchase some appropriate budgie parakeet food.
- Most parakeets are weaned and ready to move to new homes when they are about 6 weeks of age. Sorry, no shipping. Pick up is in Fort Collins, Colorado.